The Path to Digital Leadership
Digital transformation is happening now, driving financial institutions to question which platforms, technologies, and financial technology solutions will ensure success. In a new global study, Roubini ThoughtLab surveyed 1500 industry leaders to explore the motivations, benefits, and rewards that result from embracing the new digital world.
Digital transformation survey results include:
- 41 percent of respondents say digital transformation creates value by boosting revenue growth
- 59 percent will use the cloud to facilitate digital leadership by reducing operating costs and accelerating time to market
- Digital leaders now generate 39 percent of their revenue through digital channels—and expect that amount to rise to 59 percent by 2022
- Earlier adopters will see large performance gains; laggards will lose $79 million per billion
- New technologies like Blockchain will explode in the next five years, enabling smart contracts, improved transparency, and the ability to quickly tap into new markets