Learn & network
Fund Marketing Induction
One day of learning and networking, delivering the essentials for effective investment marketing
The Fund Marketing Induction is a one-day course designed as an introduction to marketing in the fund management industry. As well as training and development for those new to fund marketing, the course also provides an instant peer group of fellow practitioners within our industry.
Fully endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Marketing, the day is structured as an intimate learning experience covering all you need to know in the foundations of the asset management industry, client base and communications mix. In a small learning group, delegates learn and discuss ‘needto-know’ aspects of the market, regulation, distribution channels and marketing strategies, with a constant emphasis on jargon-busting.
It is an essential one-day learning experience to fast-track team members in becoming more effective in their marketing roles.
Three months free membership of the Fund Marketing Network online portal
Learning and networking opportunities don’t stop at the end of the day’s course. Attendance also entitles delegates to three months access to the Fund Marketing Network, an online community for marketers within asset management with its own programme of ongoing educational, practical and networking opportunities.
Key learning outcomes on the day
- What is the purpose of the asset management industry
- Understanding of different client types and their needs
- Focus on the retail distribution landscape including how products are sold and where they can be accessed
- Introduction to different asset classes and the types of investment products available
- Understanding the core marketing channels within asset management
- Jargon busting
- Get up to speed with the industry and relevant trends in just one day out of the office
- Small group to boost learning and interactivity
- Building confidence and a solid knowledge base
Who it’s for
- Those new to asset management marketing or in need of a one-day refresher
- Comes with three months membership of FMN
- Access to an online community and resources for marketing in asset management
- An instant network to share ideas and challenges
- Discounted access to a wider programme of events and programmes
- £850 plus VAT
- Discount available for multiple bookings and for businesses already subscribed to the Fund Marketing Network
What is Asset Management and what is its purpose?
A look into the competitive landscape.
Understanding the product:
- Mutual funds (with tax wrappers)
- Asset classes – Equities, Bonds, property, alternatives etc
- Sectors – IA
Getting to know the audiences and the complex inter-relationships
- Intermediated landscape – the different audience types and their roles
- Open and restricted architecture (buy lists)
- The Distribution landscape
- A look at Europe
The evolution of asset management:
- Active and passive
- Outsourcing and investment solutions
Regulatory overview – a quick tour of the key regulatory & compliance issues facing AM’s and how they market their funds
- Main regulatory impacts you need to know
- What is a financial promotion
- Impacts on content distribution
We run the Fund Marketing Induction course on an ad hoc basis. Let us know that you're interested and we'll let you know about the next course.
A one day course designed to be an introduction to investment marketing. For those new to asset management marketing or in need of a one day refresher. The Fund Marketing Induction course offers a one day intimate learning experience covering all you need to know as an introduction to investment marketing. Bringing together a small…Read More