Learn & network
The course is made up of five, one-day sessions each running from 9:00am to 5:30pm at our convenient central London location. The year starts in September, through to June the following year.
Each day is focused on a core marketing subject, offering insights and debate from industry experts and small structured workshop groups. These small, workshop style sessions provide an intensive, effective learning environment where each delegate is expected and encouraged to contribute.
Each delegate will be given an assignment to complete over the programme’s duration. At the outset they will be asked to define their own marketing strategy, in their words. As the course progresses they will be able to embed their learnings, to then submit a final marketing plan. There will be an individual award agreed by a panel of our speakers for the best marketing proposal
UK Market & Distribution Landscape – Wednesday, 26th September 2018
- The context of how the market has evolved in recent years to our position today
- Where to from here? How JPM has responded to product developments, regulation and distribution changes.
- How the institutional market has adapted and changed against the macro backdrop.
- Understanding the needs of high net worth investors and how this informs our communication and marketing strategies
- Recent findings in relation to the changing distribution space. Advisers, robo-advisers, platforms.
- Making comparisons between the institutional and wholesale parts of your business. Different audiences have different needs, impacting your marketing approach.
Strategic Campaign Planning – Wednesday, 28th November 2018
Our first introduction to marketing in financial services, we develop an understanding of what “campaign” means in todays context, how do we plan, strategise and ensure commercial viability.
- The power of your brand within campaign strategy.
- Traditional campaigning has had its day. The future belongs to targeted, integrated and measurable marketing
- Planning, KPI setting, budgeting, resourcing and reporting on your campaigns to best effect within your business
- How to approach segmentation for effective campaigns
- The differing tools of the media mix available to you, when to use them and how
- How to use research in informing effective campaign strategy
Content Marketing Strategy – Wednesday, 6th February 2019
Delegates should leave this day with an understanding of how to effectively communicate with customers, how to differentiate their business and how to manage the business’ story to an optimum.
Morning presentations & panel:
- How to position my businesses to stand out from the crowd using effective content
- Uncovering and positioning your point of view and strategic objectives in your communications
- A content marketing case study: how to make it happen in 5 easy steps
- The importance of segmenting your audience and aligning your messaging and content
- How to ensure jargon free communications that are fair, clear and not misleading
- How to leverage PR and marketing at the strategic level
Digital Marketing Dynamics – Wednesday, 10th April 2019
A lively and interactive day understanding the changing digital landscape, how to ensure effective e-marketing and what digital means in 2018.
- Digital transformation in the wealth & asset management industry
- Building the infrastructure to optimise your digital marketing
- Building the digital team in your business
- Campaign lead generation & customer journeys
- Integrating CRM and Email
- Building objectives, KPIs and dashboards
Leadership in Action – Wednesday, 5th June 2019
Concluding our programme, we work on individual management styles and how to motivate and create award winning teams.
- What are the ingredients of successful leadership, and the expectations of the marketing director and department from the CEO's perspective - from strategy to execution
- The evolving and business critical relationship between sales and marketing
- Case study examples of effective (and non effective) C-suite interactions
- The dos and don’ts for effective communication with senior management
- Understanding your management style & leading a motivated team
- The powers of persuasion, influence and effective communication