Expert Speaker Series: Winning the Hearts, Minds and Confidence of the Board
About the event
An unfortunate but familiar scenario plays out. A team comes up with a breakthrough idea that will drive short and long-term growth. However, once in the boardroom it all falls apart, with senior managers exposing cracks in the strategy where outcomes have not been clearly defined or supported with adequate facts. Defeat hangs heavy in the room, offset with blank stares and demands to rewrite the plans again.
Having interviewed a number of board members and CEOs, Ruth Saunders has identified 5 issues that irritate senior management when teams present to them and how to avoid them, as well as how to handle challenging senior level conversations.
In this session, Ruth Saunders will
- Explain why marketing often struggle in the boardroom
- Explain the mindset of the board
- Give you insights, tools and techniques to help you
- Present a strong case to the board, and achieve the buy-in you’re looking for
- Handle challenging board level conversations, with the aim of getting senior management buy-in before the board meeting and on the day itself.
This is a popular session, so please ensure you book your place early!
With over 25 years of experience in marketing and brand strategy, Ruth helps clients develop, get Board buy-in to and implement innovative marketing strategies that deliver tangible business growth. View full profile...
Inside Track And Top Tips On Working With Your Agencies
Do you sometimes feel that you’re not getting the most out of your agency, or get frustrated by a lack of communication or clarity? Join our next Expert Speaker Series on 26th June to get the inside track and top tips on working with your agencies; our speaker Samantha Bonnar has 12 years’ of agency…Read more