Academy: Overview of the UK Market
26 September @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
An introduction to the industry we work in, developing a solid understanding of our market, distribution channels and the historical context of financial services.
The launch day of the Fund Marketing Academy brings insight within the UK market across key customer bases. Offering a solid platform of information to
showcase the market changes, and how differing institutions have adapted strategically. We will look at the evolving platform space, institutional clients and complexities of wealth managers. This day aims to offer a broad overview of the market to provide solid foundations for the remaining four days.
- 0900 Arrival & registration
- 0930 Alexandra Haggard, Blackrock. How the institutional market has adapted and changed against the macro backdrop.
- 0955 Richard Romer-Lee, Square Mile Research. The context of how the market has evolved in recent years to our position today.
- 1020 Jasper Berens, Artemis. Where to from here? How fund management groups have had to respond to changes in risk appetite, product demand, regulation and distribution dynamics.
- 1045 Main stage debate with morning speakers
- 1100 Break
- 1130 Chartered Institute of Marketing
- 1200 Workshop: Sasha Dabliz, Rothschild. Understanding the needs of high net worth investors and how this informs our communication and marketing strategies
- 1300 Lunch
- 1400 Workshop: Jeremy Fawcett, Platforum. Recent findings in relation to the changing distribution space. Advisers, robo-advisers, platforms.
- 1515 Workshop: Magnus Spence, Broadridge Financial Solutions. Making comparisons between the institutional and wholesale parts of your business. Different audiences have different needs, impacting your marketing approach.
- 1625 Panel: Learning objectives – reflection & discussion
- 1700 Drinks & close